General information about the protection of personal data transferred to ticm is given below. ticm presents the following explanations to the attention of our Clients and third parties using our website in order to fulfill the obligation of clarification arising from the article 10 of Law No. 6698 on Protection of Personal Data ("KVKK"). ticm always serves the right to update this text of the statement on Protection of Personal Data within the scope of possible changes in the current legislation.
1)What is the legal basis for ticm's collection of personal data?
There are regulations in various laws regarding the use of personal data of our Clients. Principles of protection of personal data have been determined with KVKK. In addition, Law No. 6563 on the Regulation of Electronic Commerce contains provisions on the protection of personal data. In some cases, criminal sanctions have been envisaged to protect personal data through the provisions of the Turkish Penal Code No. 5237. On the other hand, the data must be collected and used for the purpose of fulfilling our obligations arising from the Law No. 6502 on Consumer Protection and Distance Contracts Regulation.
2) Which methods does ticm use in collecting personal data?
- The data provided by our Clients, who operate on the website of tic-m.com or mobile applications, are processed by ticm with the consent of our Clients and in accordance with the legislation.
- In order to provide better service to its visitors and within the legal obligation, www.tic-m.com will collect, process, share the data with third parties and keep it safe, ensuring that it is not used outside of the purposes and scope specified in the Statement on the Protection of Personal Data.
- www.tic-m.com stores the cookies, log files, empty gif files, and / or third-party resources to create a summary of your preferences. www.tic-m.com can track your browsing information and / or usage history on the site in order to promote you specially, to present promotions and marketing offers, to improve the content of the website or mobile application according to you and / or to determine your preferences.
- www.tic-m.com may match the information collected from you on the site in different ways, such as information collected online and offline, and may use this information together with information from other sources, such as third parties.
- www.tic-m.com uses session cookies and persistent cookies in the mobile application. The session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. The persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for a long time. You can remove persistent cookies and reject both session cookies and persistent cookies by following the instructions provided in the help file of your internet browser or by visiting “www.allaboutcookies.org” or “www.youronlinechoices.eu”. If you refuse persistent cookies or session cookies, you can continue to use the website, mobile application, but you may not be able to access all functions of the website, mobile application, or your access may be limited.
3) How are Website Cookies Used?
In mobile application, SDK (Software Development Kit) of the related application is used instead of cookies.
You can use the possibility to allow and deny cookies using the following methods:
Google Chrome: You can allow or block cookies from the "Cookies" tab, by clicking the lock sign in the address section of your browser.
Internet Explorer: You can manage the cookies as "allow" or "do not allow" by clicking the security tab in the "Tools" section at the top right of your browser.
Mozilla Firefox: Click the "open menu" tab in the upper right corner of your browser. You can manage cookies by clicking the "Options" image and using the "Privacy and Security" button.
Opera: You can manage the cookies from the "Cookies" section by selecting "Advanced" in the "Preferences" section of your browser.
Safari: You can select the "safari" tab in the "Settings" section of your phone and manage all your cookies from the "Privacy and Security" section.
In addition to the above options; for information about all cookies and cookie management:
You can visit “https://www.allaboutcookies.org“, “https://www.youronlinechoices.eu/”, or use the Privacy Badger app (https://www.eff.org/tr/privacybadger).
4) For which purposes does ticm use personal data?
ticm will be able to record, store, update, disclose, transfer, classify and process your personal information in cases and to the extent permitted by legislation.
Your personal data is used for the following purposes:
- Recording addresses and other necessary information for communication,
- To communicate with our Clients about the conditions, current status and updates of the contracts we have signed under the relevant articles of the distance sales contract and the Law on the Protection of the Consumer,
- To organize all records and documents that will be based on the transaction in electronic (internet / mobile etc.) or paper media,
- To fulfill the obligations undertaken with the contracts we have signed in accordance under the related articles of the Distance Selling Contract and the Law on the Protection of the Consumer,
- To be able to provide information to public officials on public security issues upon request and in accordance with the legislation,
- To provide a better shopping experience to our Clients, to give information to our Clients about our products that our Clients may be interested in, to inform our Clients about special offers,
- To increase Client satisfaction, to recognize our Clients who shop on the website and / or mobile applications and to use in Client environment analysis, to use in various marketing and advertising activities and to conduct surveys in electronic and / or physical environment through contracted organizations within this scope,
- To offer suggestions to our Clients by our contracted institutions and solution partners, to inform our Clients about our services, to evaluate Client complaints and suggestions about our services,
- To fulfill our legal obligations and to exercise our rights arising from the legislation in force.
5) How does ticm protect your personal data?
Personal data shared with ticm are under the supervision and control of ticm. ticm has undertaken the responsibility of establishing the necessary organization in order to protect the confidentiality and integrity of the information in accordance with the relevant legislative provisions in force, and to take technical measures. Being aware of our obligation in this matter, we conduct leak tests at periodic intervals in accordance with international and national technical standards on data privacy, and we inform you that we always update our data processing policies.
6) Does ticm share your personal data?
The sharing of personal data of our Clients with third parties takes place within the Clients’ consent and as a rule, personal data is not transferred to third parties without the approval of our Clients.
However, personal data is shared with courts and other public institutions due to and limited to our legal obligations. In addition, personal data transfer is made to contracted third parties in order to provide the services we commit and to control the quality of the services provided.
Necessary technical and legal measures are taken to prevent violations of rights during data transfer to third parties. However, ticm is not responsible for the data protection policies of the third party receiving personal data and for any violations that occur in the risk area under the responsibility of the third party.
Your personal data can be shared with ticm shareholders, direct / indirect domestic / foreign affiliates, domestic / foreign individuals and institutions with whom we receive the service to store our data in the cloud environment, with domestic / foreign individuals and institutions that we have contracted to send commercial electronic messages to our Clients, the Interbank Card Center (BKM), the banks we have contracted with, and various agencies, advertising companies and survey companies and other domestic / foreign third parties and related business partners within the scope of various marketing activities in order to provide you with better service and Client satisfaction.
7) What are your rights arising from the Law on Protection of Personal Data?
In accordance with KVKK, about your personal data, you may:
a) learn whether it is processed,
b) request information if processed,
c) learn the purpose of processing and whether it is used in accordance with its purpose,
d) know the third persons to whom he / she was transferred domestically / abroad,
e) request correction if it is missing / incorrectly processed,
f) request deletion / destruction in accordance with the conditions stipulated in Article 7 of KVKK,
g) request notification of the transactions made in accordance with subparagraphs (d) and (e) to the third parties to which the data is transferred,
h) object to an outcome arisen against you by analyzing the data with automated systems,
i) demand the remedy of the damage if you suffer any due to being committed against KVKK.
8) How can I be informed of legislative changes related to personal data?
The rights you have under KVKK are ticm's obligations. We would like to inform you that we have processed your personal data with this awareness and to the extent required by the legislation, that in case of legal changes, we will update this information on our page in accordance with the new legislation and you can easily follow the updates made on this page.
9) How can I be sure that the data is kept up to date and accurate?
ticm has an obligation to keep your personal data accurate and up to date in accordance with article 4 of KVKK. In this context, for ticm to fulfill its obligations arising from the applicable legislation, our Clients must share their accurate and current data with ticm. In case your data changes in any way, we kindly ask you to contact us through the communication channels mentioned in related Contact page and update your data.